Site Meter

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I By the Tide of Humber























































































I think of Peter Didsbury’s ‘Three Lakes by Humber’, and yes, I know there is only one swan in that photograph, not two:

Clean, and left to please itself.
two swans circling
on an Iron Age mirror

And in fact, who should I meet on Newland Avenue, fresh from spotting the Far Ings bittern at last, flying overhead (as pointed out to me by the man sitting beside me, to whom many thanks), but Peter Didsbury. Confusing syntax that, is it not, but no, Peter Didsbury was not flying overhead, amusing though that would have been.

I have spent the last few years of my life watching the sky sink into the mud, it seems. There are worse ways to spend one’s time.

No comments: