Site Meter

Friday, May 18, 2007

The GAME



















What with the GAME next Wednesday, the BIG GAME, which you're all welcome to watch with me down the pub, I thought I'd amuse myself with an Irish Liverpool XI:

------------- Scott ----------------
Finnan Lawrenson Babb Staunton
Houghton Whelan McAteer Heighway
-------- Robinson Aldridge ----------

I was going to say 'all-time' XI, except for my embarrassing inability to think of a central defender to go with Mark Lawrenson apart from the awful and 'B'-prone Mr Babb, last seen standing on back passes and falling over for Mick McCarthy's Sunderland. Had his first name been Bob Babb and not Phil, netting a tally of five Bs out of a possible seven, I could have respected him. But as it is not. Other suggestions welcome.

Scott is Elisha Scott, by the way. That's him above.

No comments: